Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pole Fitness

First off, I'm just going to say that I'm not an Athletic person. For the longest time I had an Athletic build for the sheer fact that I was active. But not in the sense of running everyday (that was only during the winter in high school) or going to the gym daily. I played tennis and taught tennis until freshman year of college. Gained two jobs and worked my butt off until I had that glorifying desk job. THAT was when my hips decided to come in. Of course it is. Like the time my wisdom teeth started coming in and I was studying abroad, my life is all about timing.
 
 
 
But I digress, a couple years ago I started doing Pole Fitness. FOR THE RECORD, it's not the same as pole dancing. You learn the same moves not in the hopes of showing them off, but rather to get fit and toned. The first half of the class is dedicated to getting fit and working on your core, while the other half is dedicated to learning a new move on the pole. You meet some truly amazing women who love their bodies and just like me, wanted a workout that was unconventional. The thought of running repulses me and the idea of a gym just makes me want to cry. I haven't been going for a while now but thought it would be a great time to get back on that pole and bust a move ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment