Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Planetarium

 
At the end of August in Buffalo, there is the Elmwood Festival of the Arts that spans a good portion of Elmwood Avenue. The restaurants on the strip have specials and local artisans, as well as ones from across New York and Pennsylvania, come and display their goods. I have gone to a few dozen of these festivals in my lifetime and I always look at everything in the hopes of something catching my eye.
 

Low and behold I stumble upon Planetarium Textile Design Studio. Created by Esther &  Ofir Yaloz, a textile designer and product designer, they both graduated with honors from Shenkar College of Engineering and Design in Israel. After working in the design and fashion industry for several years, they followed their dream, and opened their own print and design studio.
 
 
Esther: "As a textile designer specializing in silk screen printing,  I carried my childhood fascination with wildflowers to botanical images. They have become a central motif in my textile design. I delight in details and textures, and am passionate about printing and creating patterns. I love  transforming raw materials into a unique final product. It’s all part of a magical process, accenting the uniqueness of each and every item."
 
 
 
"Everything is hand-printed, dyed, and sewn in our workshop with much passion and attention to detail. We design our products in small series, just as we prefer to purchase items for ourselves. Whenever possible, we source our raw materials from manufacturers in the USA."
 

I absolutely love everything that Esther has created, especially that scarf and those pillows! To look at more of Esther's textiles, check out her website :)
 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Everything is so gorgeous, but that silk scarf is my favourite. It looks so Parisian. I can already see myself wearing it with a nice red blazer and skinny jeans in the later part of fall.

    -Katherine
    http://thegreenbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What initially caught my eye was that scarf as well; it really is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete