Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Musings

 
You know that song, "Everybody's workin' for the weekend..."? Well last week was one busy week. As I've said before, I'm a Jess-Of-All-Trades; currently I'm the store manager for my family run art gallery, as well as jewelry merchandiser for Chloe + Isabel. My father and I attended a local business expo to meet with other local businesses, as well as promote a new service we are offering called painting parties. Basically for $40 you get: 11x17 canvas, pallet of paint, brushes, instruction from a local area artist, as well as, a glass of wine and finger foods. It's such a fantastic time with girlfriends on a Friday night or if you want have your child's birthday party with us, just swap the wine for cupcakes :)
 
On top of making many connections, we were also preparing for the grand opening of our new Artist-in-Residence. Every once in a while we get a local artist who wants to show/sell their artwork in our gallery and we allow them to take residence for two weeks at a time. Last Friday and Saturday were days to meet and talk with the artist so after the expo last week we were getting the gallery all set up for the new artist.
 
 
On Saturday, my guy and I went up North to Old Forge in the Adirondacks to just walk around, relax, and take a couple photos of the leaves changing (though the leaves are going to be absolutely perfect in about two weeks time). We aim to go when it's not crowded and touristy but apparently there was a bit going on and it was as crowded as it would be during the Summer. Some of my favorite places to go to on the main strip are: The Old Forge Hardware Store, a new place called Oil Well (Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Tasting Boutique), and Ozzie's Coffee Bar (above).
 
Sunday is always the day of rest + football. I go to my grandmother's every Sunday for brunch and then this past Sunday my guy was in town so we went to watch the 1pm game at his buddy's house. Pumpkin beer + pizza + football = good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment