Friday, August 8, 2014

New York, New York


Last weekend I stayed with my friend Gio who I had met during my brief stint at FIT. Every single time I'm in New York I always try to cram as much as I can into a short period of time. However, on this trip I just kinda had my legs do the walking with very little pre-planned outings.  


The view from Le Bain 

First, I would just like to say that unless you absolutely have to, don't take a bus from Buffalo all the way to New York. It sounds like the cheapest route but in reality you can't get your sanity back. Anyways, my first night back in the city and my only wish was to go to a rooftop bar that weekend. So my wish was granted in the form of Le Bain on the roof of The Standard Hotel. In short, the view was spectacular and I really can't wait to go back to go check out the Biergarten.


The next day I decided to take Gio to the best view of the city: the top of Rockefeller Center, also known as, Top of the Rock. He had never been and it's been a while since I've been up there. I say the best view because you can see both Central Park and the Empire State Building. We spent about an hour up there just taking in the sights and so many photos!

View from Top of the Rock: Empire State Building, new 9/11 Memorial, and in the distance, Lady Liberty

After Top of the Rock and walking aimlessly around the city, I wanted to check out Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. If I were to had one drink for the rest of my life, I would be content with their vanilla milkshake. Best. Milkshake. Ever

Strung with lights, the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park would make the ideal date

On my last day Gio and I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (another first for myself). Of all the times I've been to New York, and even living there for a short period of time, I've never had a chance to make the trek across the bridge. 










No comments:

Post a Comment